Thank you so much to everyone who has booked, we are extremely excited to meet you all in December, and we are now no longer taking any new bookings. You are welcome to email to be put on a waiting list in case of cancellations. Please include your postcode.
All the best, and Merry Christmas!
I’m merry, merry keen, how can I book?
Facebook message Grotto At Your Door, Phone 07926030821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the (snow)ball rolling!
We are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays, afternoons and evenings throughout November and December, and in the week leading up to Christmas, we will be available all day every day (and all night too if you fancy a midnight visit!).
Covering North East London, South West Suffolk and the Essex that lies between. We will obviously need to work out travelling logistics depending on bookings, so we advise that you send your enquiries ASAP and ideally give us a selection of preferred dates and times.
As soon as we confirm a date, we will exchange a contract/take payment and ask that you reply with your gift choice so that the makers have ample time to whip up their creations.
Anything elf? What do yule need from us?
Once you have made your booking, please, please send us your gift choice asap. Otherwise we also require the following information, ideally around a week before your visit:
- Full name of your child/children
- Age of your child/children
- Any important information about your child you feel we should know (disabilities, sensitivities, anxieties etc); we are aware that two strangers and a dog turning up on your doorstep in fancy dress might spook even the most confident child, so it is very important that we know to tone things down/take things slower for any children with special needs, as the last thing we want is tears at Christmas!
But we also need you to get in on the fun:
- Can you tell us exactly what your child is into at the moment?
- What are their favourite colours/animals/foods/places/movies/shows/characters etc – anything unique to your child that would be totally cool and magical if Santa knew!
- Their wish is our command: your child probably has their eye on the latest gadget/doll/bike for their ultimate gift, but it would be good if you could somehow get them to think that a painted wooden pirate or a little woollen guinea pig is exactly what they always wanted! Maybe in the lead up to the visit, subtly mention that you heard how the Elves in North Pole were making the cutest little (insert your gift choice here) and wouldn’t it be nice if….? That way when our Santa turns up with said handmade gift, your child won’t begrudge him for forgetting the X-Box!
- Surprise! Our visit starts with a lost elf, looking for her puppy, and builds up to the much-awaited arrival of Mr Claus himself, with the missing dog of course! We want our visit to come as a total surprise to your child, but again, it would be amazing if you could get them feeling festive/hankering after Santa in the week leading up to the visit. Talk about Santa, encourage magical dreaming, festive movie-watching, mince-pie munching and carol singing – all in all, your preparation can make the difference between our visit being a slightly random occurrence and an absolute dream come true!